Foundations of Digital Art and Design, Second Edition fuses design fundamentals and software training into one cohesive approach! It reinvigorates software training by integrating design exercises into tutorials that fuse design fundamentals and core Adobe Creative Cloud skills. This book is a comprehensive design learning experience organized into five sections that focus on vector art, photography, image manipulation, typography, and effective work habits for digital artists. Design topics and principles include: Bits, Dots, Lines, Shapes, Unity, Rule of Thirds, Zone System, Color Models, Collage, Appropriation, Gestalt, The Bauhaus Basic Course Approach, Continuity, Automation, and Revision.
- Teaches art and design principles with references to contemporary digital art alongside digital tools and processes in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Addresses the growing trend of compressing design fundamentals and design software into the same course in universities and design colleges
- Times each lesson to be used in 50 to 90-minute class sessions with additional practice materials available online
- Comes with instructor resources that can be accessed online, including an instructor’s guide and lecture slides
- Includes free video screencasts that demonstrate key concepts in every chapter